Dennis M. Wasser
Mr. Wasser is the founding member and CEO of Wasser, Cooperman & Mandles. He has been practicing family law since 1968 and has represented wealthy, high-profile business owners (several individuals on “Forbes 500”), corporate executives, professional athletes, lawyers, doctors, accountants, actors, motion picture and TV executives and the spouses of such individuals. He has achieved success in and out of the courtroom and is recognized as one of the leading Family Law attorneys in the United States.
- Family Law
- Certified Specialist, Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., with honors, 1964
- University of Southern California, J.D., 1967, with Highest Honors, Order of the Coif, Note and Comment Editor, S.C. Law Review
- 1968, California
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (Chairperson, Family Law Section, 1978-1979)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Chairperson, 1984; Member, Executive Committee, Family Law Section, 1978-1988)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Family Law Lawyer of the Year awarded by Century City Bar Association.
- Named by the Daily Journal, a legal newspaper, as one of the 100 most important lawyers in California.
- Named as one of the Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers 2004-2015
- Named in "Best Lawyers In America," 1987 - present.
- Received AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Mr. Wasser’s publications are too numerous to list. Here are a few:
“Spousal Support and the Wife’s Desire and Ability to Work,” Beverly Hills Bar Journal, Vol. 8; “Increases in the Value of Property After Separation - Community or Separate Property,” Beverly Hills Bar Journal, Vol. 9; “Child Custody & Visitation Disputes: An Overview,” Los Angeles Lawyer, Vol. 1; “The Impact of Potential Future Taxes on Community Property Divisions,” Beverly Hills Bar Journal; “Child Custody & Visitation: Update,”; “Prenuptial Disagreements,” Los Angeles Lawyer, Vol. 23; “Million-Dollar Babies,” Los Angeles Lawyer, Vol. 27.
Mr. Wasser has taught community property law at UCLA law school and has taught the Advanced Professional Practice Class at U.S.C. Law School. He has spoken at numerous venues on the topic of family law in California, Nevada, New York and Canada.
Some of his topics include Use of Financial Statements in Marital Dissolutions; Spousal Support - Child Support; Custody - Visitation; Division of Community Property; Recent Developments in Family Law; Beverly Hills Family Law Symposium; Los Angeles County Bar Family Law Symposium; Community Property Journal; USC Law Center; Family Law Specialist Program; and Family Law Workshop.